Tuesday, 26 January 2010

An hour before midnight is worth two after.

I’m getting old. In the past, if something important/urgent/fun had to be done, I could stay up and do it: through past dawn to mid-next-night, if needs be. But in the last year, if I get less than 5 hours sleep, I’m useless the next day. I end up with a life threateningly short fuse, a complete inability to make decisions and an inability to fall asleep at the right time the next day.

Saturday night’s nursery decoration fiasco was a complete false economy. In the three days since then, all I’ve done is (go to work for two days, entertained Caveboy for one) sand off the lumpy dog’s dinner of a paint job I put on Saturday night.

The deputy head at school did an assembly on SMART objectives on Friday. I need to get SMART.

S pecific – I will have finished painting the nursery.

M easurable – How much I have painted.

A greed – I’m telling you. That’s not really going to work is it, if I’ve got no followers. I’ll tell Cavegirl.

R ealistic – Yes, it’s not the Sistine Chapel. It’s 2.5m by 3m.

T imed – By Sunday night, the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment