Monday, 4 January 2010

Caveman struggles with modern technology

But nobody really wants to know about that. And anyway, I hardly struggled. My new lap top asked me if I wanted to download some software for free that would allow me to become a blogger and I thought, “Yes I do, but it sounds like it’ll be dreadfully complicated.” Not a bit of it. I reckon these computer things are getting easier to use all the time, I don’t know what everyone’s moaning about.

If I was a caveman, would I have fewer technological worries? At first the answer seems to be obviously yes, but have you been out in the garden trying to light a fire recently, using only caveman technology? I allowed myself one brand new  ‘Light My Fire’ Fire Stick, one scorched but dry tampon and anything I could find in my frozen garden that wasn’t man made.

One hour later I had half a burnt tampon, an alarmingly worn down ‘Light My Fire’ Fire Stick and some wet leaves. Bollocks, I forgot the bloody great Silver Birch tree in the middle. Birch bark, birch bark…

No comments:

Post a Comment