I can’t capture my essence and espouse the truth about all the most important issues facing the world, this nation and me, in one go. I am still suffering internet attentional spotlight paralysis. In order to keep get my muscles working again, i am going to limit myself to the simple diary format. Now.
Woke up at the beeps of nine thinking I’d had a massive lie-in. This would have been well deserved, as i didn’t stop prepping and painting the nursery until gone 5am. There is a desperate shortage of hours in the day at the moment. Cavegirl is a Chartered Accountant, doing 50% of her turnover at this time of year as well as a month off bringing mini-Cavegirl into the world; she is therefore, to all intents and purposes, maxed out. So Caveman is looking after her and mini-Caveman and doing everything else and drinking a lot of coffee.
The plan had been to get a white undercoat on the walls last night before filling and sanding, but I don’t know what was wrong with the paint. It was going on like cottage cheese. I probably should have stirred it. Instead i elected to stick the fan on to dry it quickly and rush a second coat. Disaster!. The second coat peeled bits of the first coat off in some places and stuck them down in others leaving the wall looking like an aerial shot of the ice caps melting.
I can’t tell if this Cave-persona thing is working. I want to be anonymous, but I’m not sure how. If you’re my first reader, please leave a comment and tell me what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment