Sunday, 17 January 2010

Above all, I will not waste half an hour of my life staring at the screen instead of typing because I’m worried what people will think.

That was the last sentence of my previous post and of course what I then did was not publish anything on the blog for 10 days while I worried what people would think.

The problem is that I don’t have any clear idea of what the point of this is. Do I want to become famous for my witty blog or just keep an online diary. Do I want to be a spokesman for atheists on the web or preach to people about how they too can lead a fulfilling life without believing in freewill. I suppose it will just sort itself out. Terry Wogan says they either love you or hate you. you’ve just got to be yourself and let yourself find it’s voice. I think there’s a clue there to where I’m headed with this.

There is a significant part of me that does not have a line of communication with the outside world and this could be it. So I do want followers and I want to meet and follow others.

I don’t think I should try and make it funny; that would just be an extra hoop to jump through. I spend a lot of time thinking seriously about world issues: politics, philosophy, religion, that sort of thing and to be perfectly honest I can’t help thinking that if more people felt like me the world would be a better place. So there you go. A mission statement seems to be emerging.

My aim with this blog is to let anyone who’s interested, join the debates that go on inside my head and contribute. Let me know if I’m wrong, unclear, contradictory, incompatible, whatever.

Lets go…

No comments:

Post a Comment