Thursday, 7 January 2010

Caveman turns into rabbit, and gets overwhelming urge to use the word ‘transmogrify.’

Well, three posts in to this blogging shenanigans and I feel the attentional spotlight of the world pan over and focus on me like Sauron.

“He doesn’t know what he’s doing!”

“He thinks people are interested in this load of old tripe.”

“He hasn’t got photos or followers.”

And so as my critics vanish in a puff of their own logic, I am left feeling I have to justify my intrusion onto the web. I don’t know if anyone will find any of this interesting. I’m going to try hard not to care, because if I do I’ll just stop and stare at a blank screen while I try and work out what ‘People on the internet’ will find funny.

No, I will not be a rabbit in the headlights, I will be myself. I will not worry that I don’t what I’m doing; I will learn and get better. I will put some photos on my blog when I’ve worked out how to and when I think it needs some. Above all, I will not waste half an hour of my life staring at the screen instead of typing because I’m worried what people will think.

No comments:

Post a Comment